Tourvest’s Travel Services, the largest of its kind in Southern Africa, has an in-flight duty free division, Tourvest Inflight Retail Services who trades with international airlines such as South African Airways, British Airways, Kenya Airways etc.
Digital Fire executed a targeted email campaign for FlySAA DutyFree who offers duty free products such as fragrances, gadgets, accessories, liquor, sunglasses and many more luxury items. These duty free products can be bought online* and be delivered to your seat on your chosen flight. For the campaign, FlySAA Duty Free wanted to increase brand awareness and grow their existing CRM database while driving traffic to their online site to increase online sales.
An interactive viral promo mailer was designed by Digital Fire including three different pages:
(1) Promo Mailer: The promotional mailer had a strong primary call-to-action for individuals to enter the competition to stand a chance to win a full set of gadgets worth R38 500. The competition was followed by a second call-to-action featuring some of the duty free products as a GIF with a ‘Shop Now’ button below to drive traffic to their website.
(2) Microsite: Once individuals entered their details on the microsite landing page, they were directed to a Thank You page. Digital Fire captured the entries that will belong to the client for future direct marketing purposes.
(3) Thank You Page: A viral element featured on the Thank You page for individuals to recommend the campaign to more friends.
Campaign and results
Individuals on Digital Fire’s consumer and business databases were targeted. The consumers were predominantly high LSM females between 18-65, based nationwide and interested in travel, luxury goods, online shopping etc. The business individuals included CEOs, CFOs, MDs, Sales Directors, Sales Managers etc. in all industries.
The following results were generated during the campaign:
- 62.22% Open Rate
- 8.73% Interactive Response Rate (unique entries)
- 6.24% Viral Response Rate
- 15.02% Click Through Rate
If you would like to get on board with email marketing, you can take off with Digital Fire to help you drive maximum business value from permission based email marketing.