According to IAB, 93% of retail sales still take place in-store. However, with the explosion of digital technologies, the shopping process now starts online via our mobile or desktop devices. In fact online and mobile media impact around 40% of offline shopping according to BIA/Kelsey research report.
What customers are Googling is “Store Type + Location” or “Product + Location.” If your business does not show up online for these searches, you’re missing out on major sales opportunities. This is precisely why it’s important for businesses to build their O2O (online to offline) sales funnel now.
The more shoppers that find you online, the more shoppers who walk through your front door, the higher your sales.
Online 2 Offline sales
Research shows that online to offline digital marketing influences up to 3.6 trillion dollars in consumer spending. For this reason, building your O2O funnel is essential to keeping your physical store competitive. A strong local marketing strategy will allow you to convert online searches into offline purchases, driving regular sales and profit for your business.
- The first step is to create a solid local marketing strategy. Incorporate local search phrases into your overarching keywords strategy and get listed on all appropriate digital directories.
- Next, set up a review strategy and ensure your customer service team is soliciting good reviews from your customers.
- Implement a data collection plan, which will allow you to measure and analyse the performance of your digital assets and O2O funnel moving forward. Be sure to tie your performance KPIs to your local sales figures.
- Regularly launch local marketing campaigns that target high value local keywords. Local marketing campaigns can include loyalty programs, discounts, coupons and promotions to entice online searchers to visit your brick and mortar store.
Need Assistance with your O2O strategy?
Let Digital Fire increase your business’ findability and convert online traffic to in-store shoppers. Contact us today!
- According to IAB 93% of retail sales are still fulfilled offline, but the decision process starts online.
- Research shows that online to offline digital marketing influences up to 3.6 trillion dollars in consumer spending.
- Online and mobile media impact around 40% of offline shopping according to BIA/Kelsey research report.
- Online to offline transactions are driven by price, brand, good online reviews, and location.