Video is the new buzzword for many of the agencies we partner with here in SA. We at Digital Fire have been advocating the use of video email to the market for years and now is seems the penny has dropped, which is good news for all.
Video is hot and everyone is curious about how to use it in their email marketing. Why? Because video is engaging and entertaining and drives high response rates – just what agencies and clients want.
Check out our ten super stats for Video and Video Email Marketing. ( With a nod to our friends at Campaign Monitor)
- According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- According to ComScore, 45.4 percent of users viewed at least one video online over the course of a month.
- 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube, according to the University of Dartmouth.
- Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
- According to Rhythm and Insights, combining video with full page ads boost engagement by 22%.
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes.
- Video has an undeniable impact on email KPI : Boosting open rates by 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%. ( Okay so we said 10 stats, but we gave you 11, that’s just the kind of big hearted agency we are!)Combining Video with the power of targeted email marketing to profiled consumer data is a great left right combination which delivers knockout stats.Using video in your email marketing can be an engaging and entertaining way to connect with your potential and existing customers. Considering 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video, you can’t argue with its effectiveness. The ROI numbers speak for themselves and the popularity of video and video email will continue to rise in 2017, both in SA and globally.
We at Digital Fire offer a complete A-Z video email marketing solution. Make sure you are harnessing its power for your clients by speaking with us.